Immediat Supervisor: County CommissionExempt Status: ExemptSalary:
Employee Signature:_______________________________ Date:_________________
Supervisor’s Signature:_____________________________ Date:_________________
1. GENERAL SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIESResponsible to serve as an advisor to the jurisdictional executive leadership and work closely with agencies and whole community stakeholders to collectively prepare their jurisdiction to protect, prevent, mitigate, respond to and recover from natural, adversarial and technological emergencies. In addition, the emergency manager is part of the state response system, and in large disasters could contribute to the federal response system.
2. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITES: (*Indicates essential functions)
* Disaster Response and Recovery • Local Emergency Operations Plan (LEOP) • Operations • EOC and Resource Management • Homeland Security Grant Program • Emergency Management Performance Grant • Local Emergency Planning Committee and Hazardous Materials Plan • Emergency Public Information • Local Multi-Hazard Mitigation Plan • Threat and Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (THIRA)
3. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITES: This position supervises the 911 Coordinator.
4. POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)a. High School Diploma, required. b. Completion of FEMA Professional Development Series courses, for Emergency Management Institute, preferred. b. A minimum of two years’ experience in Emergency Medical Service, Law Enforcement or Fire Department, preferred.b. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business process, technical procedures or government regulations, required. d. Computer experience with various computer programs, including and not limited to Windows Office, Excel, Power Point and Access, required.e. Valid North Dakota driver’s license with a clean driving record, required.f. Ability to organize work and work independently, required.g. Ability to communicate verbally and in written format, required.h. Ability to perform the essential functions of the position, required.i. Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills, required.j. Ability to read and write legibly, required.k. Ability to adapt easily to change, handle stressful situations, required.l. Ability to maintain harmonious relations with co-workers, the public and external agencies, required.m. Ability to write reports, correspondence and procedures manuals, required.n. Ability to calculate necessary numerical amounts using various methods, required.o. Ability to solve practical problems with a variety of attributes and able to interpret different sets of instructions, required.p. Possess considerable knowledge of electronic communications equipment and computer hardware and software issues related to communications, preferred.q. Ability to make presentations and respond to questions from a variety of groups or individuals, required.
5. PHYSICAL & MENTAL DEMANDS: (These support the essential function)
Able to read and write, required.Ability to speak clearly, required.Ability to sit, stand, walk, climb stairs, bend, stoop, crouch, required.Peripheral vision, depth perception, close vision and ability to focus, required.Reaching overhead, horizontally, down, required. Typing or keyboarding, required.Fingering tasks, (fine motor control), required.Use of hand, arms, legs and feet, required.Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, required.Be in charge of department, required.Exercise authority in the position, required.Exercise discretionary powers, required.Exercise primary duties of management, required.
6. WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Work AloneWork in some high-stress situationsWork in a quiet environmentWork in outdoor weather conditions